[WIQPmail] WiQP County Maps

w0zq at aol.com w0zq at aol.com
Sun Feb 24 10:33:45 CST 2013

Another tool that I use for planning my routes is simply MapQuest.   If you place your mouse over a spot on the map and right click, its latitude and longitude will appear in the pop-up box.  Next, use your mouse to highlight just the lat/long in the pop-up box, then go to the top left in the tool bar and click on "Copy", move the mouse over to MapQuests "Get Directions" and click, then go to the first destination box A and paste in the lat/long.   Do this again for your next spot on the map, paste it into designation box B and click on "Get Directions".   Up will pop a route and more importantly, how long it takes to get from A to B.   You can add a string of destinations like this by clicking on "add a stop".   Once a route is plotted on the map you can also grap the plotted route and move it to try other routes, etc.   Over the years I have found MapQuest to be very reliable in determining how long it takes me to drive routes.

73, Jon
W0ZQ/m