[WIQPmail] Activate All 72!

Chuck Dellis w9wlx at wi.rr.com
Sun Jan 13 22:42:34 CST 2013

Wouldn't it be great if we could get all 72 counties active for the WIQP?  I
did some analysis from the 2011 logs and believe it or not, that goal is
attainable!  If you are a mobile operator, please post your route to this
email reflector.  With some route planning by the mobiles and encouraging
fixed station operators, we can get all 72 active.

There were only eight counties not active in 2011.  Barron, Bayfield, Iron,
Lincoln, Rusk, Sawyer, Taylor, and Washburn.

Six counties had only one station operating.  Burnett and Douglas, a fixed
station and Ashland, Marinette, Oneida, and Vilas were activated by a single
mobile station.

I've included the list of all 72, showing you the number of stations
operating and the percent activation by mobiles.  There were an additional
sixteen counties that only had 2 operators .  What is also interesting is
nine more counties ranging from 3 to 8 stations, but were 100% activated by
mobiles.

Mobiles are a significant part of the Wisconsin QSO Party-thank you, thank
you!  This information may help you plan a "best bet" route.  Also, if there
are fixed stations in the lightly activated counties, let's encourage them
to get on the air for the WIQP.

CU March 10

73, Chuck, W9WLX

County