[WIQPmail] Fw: WIQP thoughts

jeff bechner w9mse at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 27 19:11:28 CDT 2013

Regarding some of Pete's questions.  Definitely not all mobiles self-spot, as I have never had a computer to put in the minivan, and still do all sending and logging by hand, keyer with no memory for sending, and pen and paper for logging.  Similarily no checking for spots, as nothing to check with, also too busy working.   Usually have either my brother-in-law or son driving, and neither is a ham, so all they can do is drive, unless I happen to be alone, as I was this year.  I would think that if someone in the vehicle was searching for mults or spots, that would put them into the multi-op class.  I would have no problem with changing the minimum QSO's for mobile bonus to 20 or so, even though not everyone is doing computer logging, since with the present level of activity, 20 contacts is not too hard to get.  It would also be good if those who are not in WI would put their state with their call, especially if they are calling CQ, as it is a
 problem for the other out of state operators, which I have had the two years I worked the WIQP as a mobile, but once from OK and once from OH and could only work those who were actually calling from WI.

Thanks again to Lynn and the new team of the WIQP.  I have had a great time in it the many years I have been active in it.

Jeff  W9MSE