[WIQPmail] 2014 Rules for WIQP

ryantiff@charter.net ryantiff at charter.net
Fri Oct 18 20:03:59 CDT 2013

What is the cost of a plaque Tom?

Ryan KB9OWD

Sent from Windows Mail

From: Tom Macon
Sent: ‎October‎ ‎17‎, ‎2013 ‎11‎:‎14‎ ‎PM
To: WIQP Group
Subject: [WIQPmail] 2014 Rules for WIQP

Attached are revised rules for 2014.  Please review and comment.  There are not many real changes – mostly it is rewording for clarification.  Here’s a summary of the real changes:

Added OBJECTIVE section.

Plaques will now be awarded to Top Single-Op Mobile and Top Single-op Fixed.  Highest overall single-op score will be indicated on the appropriate plaque.

ROOKIE category (formerly called Beginner) is now single-op only.

Suggested frequencies list was expanded to include 160M and VHF
75m PH is changed to 3.860 (was 3.890).
20m PH is changed to 14.260 (was 14.290).

A note to avoid National Calling Frequencies was added (was on main WIQP page).

Under MULTIPLIERS, it is noted that Wisconsin stations may count Wisconsin as a state multiplier.  (This isn’t new – it just wasn’t stated before.)

For those who submit non-Cabrillo logs, the WIQP Entry Form has also been updated, also attached.

See http://www.warac.org/wqp/wiqp_rules.htm for the old rules.

About Plaques…

In response to a number of requests, we are adding a plaque so that there will be separate plaques for SOF and SOM in 2014.  Are there any additional suggestions for plaques?

Also, we would like to solicit sponsors for the plaques.  WARAC will continue sponsor the Club plaque, but we’re open for sponsorship on the others.

Please comment on any of the above.

 - Tom, K9BTQ

   WIQP team