[WIQPmail] Fwd: RE: [N1MM] Wisconson QP scoring

Wisconsin QSO Party wiqp at warac.org
Sat Aug 16 22:15:00 CDT 2014

Gary -

We've had this discussion with John before and we understand his position.  Overall, I think the N1MM crew does a fantastic job of supporting the myriad of contest rules and it's not surprising that there are a few quirks they choose not to support (non-integer power mults in this case).

Our log checking completely rescores all received logs, so the claimed score generated by the logger has no effect on the official results.  Perhaps the biggest inconvenience is that it distorts the 3830 results that come from the N1MM logger.

FWIW, the new version of the N3FJP program had a similar problem, but Scott fixed it right around the time of our 2014 contest.  All in all, we noticed quite a few logs with incorrect claimed scores this year.

Thanks for your interest.

 - Tom, K9BTQ
   WIQP Team