[WIQPmail] Vernon WILL do some CW!

Bruce Richardson w9fz at w9fz.com
Wed Jan 22 11:27:10 CST 2014

Sorry for replying to the digest and not editing out the entire digest!
I subscribe in digest mode and then replied on the iPhone and didn't
notice an easy way to delete the text below. Much easier here on the
laptop!  I'll make sure I reply from the laptop next time :-) .  Thank
you for no emails chiding me about not editing out the digest--I noticed
right away and cringed :-) .

Janice and I have done CQWW CW and SSCW in S&P mode only. Even if that
is what we do for WIQP, we WILL be on CW. But we may try to "run" at
about 16-18wpm too :-) .

First up, however, is to be a mobile in the MNQP. We will do 8 counties
there--a new 8 counties for us with the ultimate goal of activating all
87 in MN someday.  For that one, we will probably go SSB only due to not
liking to use a laptop in the car--we both like paper logging better in
the car.

Now someday, when we start doing digital modes on 6m from the car, we
will then use a laptop in the car and from some (somewhat) rare grids.
Gee, isn't Ham Radio a great hobby with so many sub-areas of interest??

Also, I'm glad to see the new VHF (sub) Category!!!  I know a VHF
contesting club that will likely sponsor that plaque! Just a bit more
behind the scene coordination before they step forward.

73
Bruce W9FZ and Janice KA9VVQ