[WIQPmail] Wisconsin QSO Party this coming Sunday--has a VHFportion!

Wisconsin QSO Party wiqp at warac.org
Thu Mar 6 21:09:25 CST 2014

Thanks, Bruce, for a fine explanation of the new WIQP VHF award.

For some years there have been two entry categories for Technician class licenses, but the number of entries in them has dwindled in recent years. So we thought a VHF plaque might reverse this trend and it will encourage all license classes to participate, not just Techs. In addition, the 2nd through 5th highest VHF scores will receive certificates. (We just decided to do this a few days ago in response to a suggestion.)

Until a couple years ago, there was a lot of VHF mobile activity, especially in the Fox Valley area.  We'd like to see this come back!

Comments welcome!
 - Tom, K9BTQ
   WIQP Team