[WIQPmail] KB9OWD WIQP

ryantiff@charter.net ryantiff at charter.net
Sat Mar 8 14:58:50 CST 2014

Greetings all,

I have been fortunate enough to win SO Fixed the last 3 years and have decided, kind of last minute, to go mobile for the first time ever in WIQP this year.  I will get a route posted sometime this afternoon.  I expect to hang out in southern Wisconsin and fill some of the counties with no mobile coverage yet.

With about 2 hours of work, I have everything in the car talking and appear to be ready to go.  In fact, everything set up so easy that it leaves me wondering when something major is going to come down the line from murphy.

I will also have APRS going.  It is up and running now as KB9OWD.  Pat will be adding me to the map that is out later this afternoon.  About the only issue I have to figure out is how to reduce the noise from the laptop power inverter.  I picked one up at radio shack today but it is pretty noisy.

73,

Ryan KB9OWD

Sent from Windows Mail