[WIQPmail] NE9U Mobile route

NE9U - Jasper skjasper at att.net
Tue Mar 10 23:19:50 CDT 2015

Well, my two mobile partners (KK9K and N9BCA) have plans for Saturday, so we can't do our usual up nort Saturday night adventure and drive home Sunday trip.

So we are gonna do it in reverse!  Start in Central Wisconsin and end at KK9K's cabin near Michigan border as he claims we can still get a steak in that neck of the woods on a Sunday night!  (i know for a fact we couldn't get anything near my cabin in Florence County on a Sunday night!  :-)

Doing a quick review of mobile trips, it looks like after we put Oconto, Shawano, Menomonee, and Marathon in the mobile map, there are 9 counties not hit by mobiles...(Douglas, Washburn, Burnett, Dunn, Marinette, Racine, Kenosha, Walworth, and Rock.  Hopefully a fixed station will be active from those, or other mobiles can pick them up.

Here is our trip in order:

Clark
Jackson
Wood
Juneau
Adams
Waushara
Marquette
Green Lake
Fond du Lac
Winnebago
Outagamie
Brown
Oconto
Shawano
Menomonee
Langlade
Marathon
Lincoln
Oneida
Vilas
Iron

Pretty aggressive schedule and no guarantees we will complete it!  Our last several counties are covered by other mobiles, so be sure to get those guys early!!!

We will be on WQP suggested frequencies + or - 3550, 7050, 14050,  and hopefully some SSB on + or - 3860, 7230, 14260.
We will also be monitoring 2 meter FM 146.49 and 146.55.

I will also be pinging APRS on my android phone  as NE9U-9

Weather looks great for a spring drive around Wisconsin!!!

73

Scott  NE9U
Ron  KK9K
Art  N9BCA