[WIQPmail] Projected Routes

Michael Johnson mike at palomonet.com
Thu Feb 4 10:48:14 CST 2016

WIQP,

Aside from the spotting issue, I noticed the MN QSO folks have a nice page
listing the mobiles/rovers planned routes.  A couple have projected
schedules.  I know that is not spotting and APRS, but maybe that
information may affect route choices.  For a rover rookie such as myself, I
have great flexibility on where I go, being interested in activating
counties more than killing the score.

I was planning on doing some of the west central WI counties (Wood,
Clark...) but could easily divert to the south west or south central.  Heck
based on last years results, Ozaukee was a tough get.

My only limitation is to have a starting point 2-3 hours away from
Milwaukee.  That puts me on the road at 8:00 or 9:00 and lets me wind my
way back home as the contest progresses.  So, no far north counties for
me.  Not this year at least.

MJ, WO9B