[WIQPmail] N9NE WIQP Plans

Todd Fonstad tfonstad at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 19:11:49 CST 2016

Greetings!

I plan on operating 'solo' mobile in this this year's WIQP <
http://www.warac.org/wqp/wqp.htm> from the four adjoining counties of
Portage (POR), Marathon (MAR), Shawano (SHA), and Waupaca (WAP). The route
utilizes county roads which circle the point of intersection of the
counties. I'll be driving only a few miles between spots where I'll park
and operate ... no operation in motion. I may be able to operate twice from
each county as the afternoon progresses and propagation changes.

Most operation will be on 20 and 40M CW and SSB, but I will occasionally
monitor 15M and then go to on 80M CW during the last hour. My intent this
year is to spend much more time in S&P mode for other mobiles and county
multipliers than in the past.

I'm with Mike (WO9B) who wrote* "**I am awash in technical glitches for my
planned rover operation." * The effort of basically building a temporary
ham station in my van is not easy. Age, arthritis, and recent back and
rotator cuff surgeries conspire to make erecting and tuning the Hustlers
and Hamsticks mag-mouted atop the van a physical ordeal. I've also been
trouble-shooting some issues between the K3 and N1MM logger in the laptop
that hadn't appeared previously in the shack.

Is it worth it?  Absolutely! Hope to work you on the 13th.  If the weather
is really bad (snowstorm), I'll operate from the home station here in POR.

73,
Todd
N9NE
Amherst, WI