[WIQPmail] K9TIT/m Results

Timothy Hale kc9fsh at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 19:55:24 CDT 2016

Overall KC9IZF and KC9FSH had a good time operating the WI QSO Party this
year. We did struggle in a couple counties and moved on before getting the
12 contacts to get the bonus points. We really struggled in door county
(stayed until we got 12 contacts), kewaunee and dodge, but we didn't spend
much time in Dodge. The big thing that surprised us was the lack of
stations on 2 meters this year, it really surprised me since this was our
10th year operating the QSO party and for the first few years we relied
only on 2m and 440 and had great luck.

Fond du Lac and Outagamie counties were our best this year, we were working
stations all over the US on 40 meters and added quite a few multipliers
just in those two counties. I even worked a North Dakota station, which was
my first time doing so under either this club call or my personal call.

My favorite contact was actually before the QSO party, I worked DK2OY on
20m. Last week Manfred e-mailed me and asked to schedule a QSO because Door
County is the only county he is missing for the state of WI. I e-mailed him
Sunday morning with the frequency to meet on and he actually got through
and was very strong. This really shocked me since I haven't worked a German
station in a few years, much less while mobile.

Our final score, with bonus points was 13,416.

Thank you to everyone out there who worked our station and put up with us
asking for callsigns multiple times, in my hast to get out of the house I
forgot to grab headphones so it was a bit more difficult than normal to
hear stations.

73 and I look forward to next year!

Tim
KC9FSH operating as K9TIT/m for the QSO party