[WIQPmail] >>Ops are OA4ABC (YL)>

David Garnier dsgarnier at att.net
Fri Mar 3 19:33:09 CST 2017

Rolf,
We have been married over 40 years, if it wasn't for NPOTA and the rules allowingBarb to get behind the mic, And a ham from Panama coming back to this "newbie"calling CQ - Barb never would have gotten her ham ticket! I gave up on her years ago, Hi Hi.NPOTA?! I never would have guessed that I would have that much fun operating a contest.
Being a DX station and having a pipe-up on you is intoxicating. ;-)

BTW, I operated for the first time in your Minnesota QSO contest and had fun regardlessthat I only made 35 contacts.  I plan to operate again next year.

Thanks for operating in our WI QSO contest.  I'm a member of West Allis Club and
we really appreciate Minnesota rover participation, you guys do a great job activatingthe western part of Wi.

73's dave - wb9own

Hi Dave,
It's not really all that interesting.
Taty was licensed in Peru in the late 60s with the equivalent of an Extra Class license.  Her call was randomly assigned.  She has been in Minnesota since mid 70s.  We were married in 2009 but have known each other since mid 1980s.

She isn't on the air much, pretty much she only operates MnQP/m, WiQP/m, FD and the occasional RTTY contest.

Her father and brother used to live for a time in Mn (OA4WY, OA4WZ) and together with my father, KE0RR, we operated 3 or 4 Field Days from near the Twin Cities in the early 1990s.  We called ourselves the Peruvian-American Radio Club and I declared myself president for life.   There was a photo in QST of us in November 1993 as part of the Field Day write up.

I think this is our 7th or 8th mobile entry in WiQP.  We will move to 80 meters instead of 20 towards the end, depending on conditions.  I forgot to mention that in the posting.  I hope we work multiples times during WiQP.
73
Rolf  NR0T

On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 4:32 PM, David Garnier <dsgarnier at att.net> wrote:
Hi Rolf,
>>Ops are OA4ABC (YL)>
This sounds like and interesting story, (if you feel so inclined.) GL in the contest!!!
73's dave - wb9own