[WIQPmail] Mobil Route Map

Dick--K9APW k9apw at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 10 20:41:48 CST 2017

Bob --
F Y I --
Dan and I have decided that the weather forecast plus our limited readiness will preclude us from doing any mobiling for the WI QSO Party Sunday.  Rather, we have decided to simply operate, weather permitting, from the top of Blue Mound State Park's high point in Iowa County, just 20 miles west of Madison, on Sunday.   We will have a portable gas generator and Dan's truck with his IC7000 for the xcvr.  We will try to use a wire inverted Vee antenna for 40 and 20 -- probably the only two bands we will operate.
We will do both CW & SSB.
If you would enjoy joining us, let Dan know as he plans to drive up to my home on Sunday morning so we can drive to the Park site to be operational by the start of the event at 1-PM CDT.  You could catch a ride from Janesville maybe??  However, to be honest, this will not be a very professional or well planned event, I fear!!
Our original plans for the 13 counties was a bit zealous to say the least -- plus Dan was not real keen on driving his pickup over such a long route since he has not, as of today, even tested his ICom in the truck yet!!!
If the weather is a bitch, we will probably cancel the plans entirely as Dan is not ready to 'freeze his ass off' in a snow storm!!
Dick