[WIQPmail] N0IJ SO Mobile

JBaumgarte at aol.com JBaumgarte at aol.com
Mon Mar 13 15:03:27 CDT 2017

Call: N0IJ
Operator(s): N0IJ
Station: N0IJ

Class: SO Mobile  LP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 7

160:
80:    217   0
40:    310     0
20:     69     0
15:
10:
6:
2:
UHF:
------------------------
Total:    596   0  Mults = 62  Total Score =  119,356.0

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

Score  includes power mult and county bonuses.
Big thanks to my long time  driver/friend W0TVD who did his usual great
job.
Glad to report no problems  with any equipment, except my brain!  Made the
minimum 12 q's in WSB,  but must have forgot to hit enter prior to
switching to
next county and lost  the bonus.  Have done this contest many times, but
this
was surely the  most difficult conditions.  40 too long right away and 20
just
not  there. Probably did not check 80 often enough early on, but it sure
was  a
life saver near the end.  Made 40% of my q's in the last 2 hours  mostly on
80
and zero 20 meter q's after 4 pm CDST.  We managed to get  lost in CHIppewa
county and ended up 40 minutes behind schedule. Had a nice  tour, but almost
tossed my cookies while Terry tried to catch up.  Lots  of sharp curves and
bumps on a very secondary bunch of roads! Took a shorter  version through
SAWyer
in order to get to the much needed DOUglas. Made it  with 12 minutes to go
and
logged 36 q's in that time--wild!  Another  plus was after our course
change we
actually saw 3 Elk in the woods near Clam  Lake--first time ever for that.
Big
thanks to the folks who followed us  and made the following:  K9NW--22,
N2CU--21, K9CT--17, AF8A--16, W9EAU  & W9RE--15, K9WX--13, WB5JID--12, and
WP2B--10 including one on 80.   Only 2 EU in the log.  Rig: K3 and
"Larry's" screwdriver on top of the  Outback. Lots of fun in spite of
all--thanks to all for the q's.
John,  N0IJ op
Terry, W0TVD as driver