[WIQPmail] NE9U/M WQP

ronf at aircommcentral.com ronf at aircommcentral.com
Tue Mar 12 21:59:40 CDT 2019

From: WIQP-Mail <wiqp-mail-bounces at warac.org> on behalf of NE9U - Jasper <skjasper at att.net>
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2019 9:56 PM
To: wiqp-mail at warac.org
Subject: [WIQPmail] NE9U/M WQP

   40:    231        3
   20:     16        0
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:              29
  UHF:
------------------------
Total:    561      159  Mults = 81  Total Score = 163,641.0

Club: Honey Badger Contesters

Comments:

Normally for this contest, we start at my up Nort cabin in Florence County and
work our way south back home.
But a big snowstorm was forecast for northern Wisconsin so we started at the
KK9k QTH and made a big southerly/westerly loop,sticking to 4 lane roads.  roads
were in perfect condition and we had time to add a couple extra counties...but
by doing so got on some pretty badly drifted 2 lane roads for about 50 miles.
Everything went OK radio-wise, but 20 meters was the worst I've ever heard it in
WQP. Plus, I don't know if it was conditions or just lack of participation, but
our rates never approached our best score back in 2013.  I've noticed that
lately in other state qso parties we've participated in also.  maybe when
sunspots come back, participation will come back???

anyway, another fun time.  We even found the usual steak dinner for N9BCA...this
year a 32 ouncer for $22!  and it was darn good!

73

Scott NE9U
Ron KK9K
Art N9BCA