[WIQPmail] Mobile: low band phone question

Jon Platt w0zq at aol.com
Fri Mar 6 12:13:20 CST 2020

Hello all.
As a single-op unassisted mobile (no driver), sometimes I will run 20m phone while driving to my next county.  Phone Q's made while driving are recorded on a voice recorder and then transcribed into my log after the contest.  However, with the exception of the early afternoon hours, 20m phone does not look to be very productive given where we are with sun spots.  My perception is backed by looking at the data provided in the last few WiQP result articles.  So, I am looking to learn from other WiQP mobiles.  What has been your success in running 40m and/or 75m phone from your mobile during the WiQP?   Yes, I know that phone Q's are 1 point vs 2 for CW, but lets forget that for now.  Low mobile antenna efficiencies on 40 and 75m makes me wonder if its worth the effort & time.   After say 40 and 80m CW, is 75m mobile the place to be?   Comments?
73, JonW0ZQ/m