[WIQPmail] Mobile route changes

Rich Westerberg richn0hjz at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 16:35:08 CDT 2020

I had heard that the Committee is taking steps to prevent the spread of
Covid-19 during the contest on Sunday:

* Mobiles will need to wipe down their antennas with Purell before entering
a new county.
* No more than ten Wisconsin stations are allowed on any one HF band at a
time.
* To prevent spreading the Corona Virus, no more than five stations are
allowed in a pile-up at any one time (Three station pile-up limit if an
Italian station is involved.).
* Stations are urged to use tight CW filters to only allow some signals
from getting through (less risk).
* Use of the new FT8-Covid-19 mode is strictly prohibited this year.
* Multi-Ops will be required to wear rubber gloves and face masks.
*Post-contest celebrations will not include Corona beer.
* As part of Trump's National Emergency declaration, one additional mult
will be given to each station.

I hope I remembered them all.  Seriously, everyone be safe and have a lot
of fun!  See you Sunday!

Rich W9W

I hope I