[WIQPmail] All WI stations are 9’s

Robert Lunsford kb8uey at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 4 18:56:40 CST 2021

I feel your pain!  Traveled to WI twice now for the contest and jump over in to IN and down the KY almost every year.  Throws folks off when I give my county with an 8 in my call.  On CW usually "CQ TEST KB8UEY/(insert county abbreviation here)" helps.  On SSB it is "CQ (insert state) QSO Party, in (insert state) from KB8UEY".  Most catch on, but there is always that one guy telling me what QRZ says.
Rob KB8UEY

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Thu, Mar 4, 2021 at 7:03 PM, Ken Thyberg via WIQP-Mail<wiqp-mail at warac.org> wrote:   Just a quick note...I haven’t been very active for the past few years but I hope to help get Sauk County out for the QSO party.  I had a couple of top ten finishes in WIQP several years ago but I have a handicap particularly on cw with my 8 call.  I got K8ZZV from the FCC 60 years ago and I hate to give it up but it’s not the best call for operating in a contest from Wisconsin.  So if you hear me calling CQ in the contest...I’m in Wisconsin!

Thanks,  Ken, K8ZZV, La Valle, WI, formerly pre 1969 Menominee, MI.

Sent from my iPad