[WIQPmail] WIQP, mobiles and the reverse beacon network

Scott Dawley sdawley999 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 07:38:26 CST 2021

While it's certainly nice to have RBN spots picked up on the DX Cluster, your CQ will largely be ignored if you add a /countyname suffix after your callsign. Bummer!

Here's two suggestions to make it more fun for everyone this weekend:

Mobiles: Right when you cross county lines this weekend, send at least one CQ without your county suffix. That way you will be spotted immediately by RBN and show up on DX Cluster spots. Otherwise RBN will probably ignore you and you won't be spotted on the DX Cluster.

Everyone: Consider filtering the RBN skimmers you are getting spots from to avoid information overload. It's pretty easy to do this in N3FJP, I'm not sure about N1MM or other logging programs. This will make it easier for you to find us poor little weak mobiles as we cross into new counties.

Have fun!

N9SD