[WIQPmail] KX9RT/M - An Adventure in Moving

Todd Fonstad tfonstad at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 11:32:18 CDT 2023

N9NE here, the driver....

Scott (the operator) and I will try to get a full report out whenever we
both recover from yesterday's 290 mile drive in 'interesting' weather and
road conditions. We were fortunate to have been able to activate all dozen
counties very close to the times we had planned. Road conditions ranged
from 'good' to 'hardly passable'. Snow let up for most of the trip (with
some flurries, mist, and fog at times), but the tail end of the storm
caught us in the Fargo-like sand plains of WSR, ADA, WOO, and southern POR
in the last couple of hours. Driving on back roads in the snow in the dark
was an adventure. It got worse ... as time ran out, we headed north on I-39
north to Plover to have a meal. The snowfall at this point was so intense
that it was difficult to see the driving lanes which were covered up.
Returning to Amherst on US 10 was even worse (35 mph maximum) and then I
got us stuck ... in my own driveway! 😆 After a lot of shoveling, we got
the van back in the garage (at about 10:30 pm), and Scott had another 20
miles to drive back to his home outside Waupaca. I'm retired so could sleep
in, but Scott had work this morning. More than a foot of snow fell here,
atop the 4-6" we had received on Thursday and Friday.

It looks like Scott made over 500 Q's during the 'test ... more on that
later.

73
Todd
N9NE