[WIQPmail] Introducing K0RC - Bob in MN

K0RC.MN k0rc.mn at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 08:22:45 CST 2024

Hello WI QSO Party participants. . .

I just got setup on your reflector and  I am introducing myself. I was
born and raised in Minnesota and live in Chisago Lakes Township, 3 miles
north of Chisago City. My QTH is about a dozen miles west of Saint Croix
Falls, WI. I was first licensed in 1962 as a kid in High School and I
have enjoyed the many varieties of radio activities over the years.

Last year was my first venture into the Wisconsin QSO Party as a solo
mobile station. I am planning my next trip using the historical WIQP
activity information I found on your website. I see plenty of
opportunities to help support your party in the north and western part
of Wisconsin. Polk county is my normal entry point for a geographical
reference (Hwy #8).

I have a simple mobile installation, a Kenwood TS-690sat at 100 Watts
and a handful of Ham Sticks for the top of my SUV. I used N1MM+ for
logging. I don't have a navigator - driver confirmed yet so this might
be another solo "rover style" outing. I am a CW operator so I don't
operate while I drive.

The WX and propagation were excellent for the recent Minnesota QSO Party
a few weeks ago and I hope this good luck holds out for WIQP.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN