[WIQPmail] Upper Bands

davek9ty davek9ty at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 19:04:27 CDT 2024

I ran from my car down in Rock county from a park (so POTA and QP at same time). Started on 40m ssb and expected to possibly stay there, but after a promising start, couldn't make more contacts. Did get 21 counties in and a few states.Tried 10m quick...no replies. Went to 20m ssb, found a barely clear spot and had at it. Pota draw did the trick..had some nice pileups. Could only work until a bit past 3pm, so for just a couple hours 175 Q's and most on 20. Was fun collecting state and province mults, but... if 40 is good, one can collect more counties AND states/provinces. So i think conditions will drive behavior.  If there were a bonus for X number if state/provinces, then folks might be encouraged to try upper bands, at least for awhile..??Dave K9TYWIQP from pota K-9842 Footville Wildlife AreaSent from my Galaxy
-------- Original message --------From: Joe via WIQP-Mail <wiqp-mail at warac.org> Date: 3/11/24  5:22 PM  (GMT-06:00) To: Wisconsin QSO Party Reflector <wiqp-mail at warac.org> Cc: Joe <nss at mwt.net> Subject: Re: [WIQPmail] Upper Bands