[WIQPmail] A 20+ county mobile route?

Dave Nelson (K9TY) k9ty at charter.net
Tue Jan 15 18:24:26 CST 2013

Hello all!

Already excited about the 2013 WIQP and have started plotting possible mobile routes. I know others have been able to drive through 20 or 21 counties in the 7 hours -- this is amazing!!  I am wondering if anyone might be willing to share such a route.  I have been mapping many variants over 22 counties -- from Jefferson/Rock/Walworth to Kenosha up to Brown, down to FonDuLac then over to Juneau and down to Columbia.... but given that some of it HAS to be on non-interstate highways, there is no way I can see to make it past 18 or 19 counties in 7 hours.  !!!??? Would love to see/know how it has been done in the past, because it HAS been done!  Any ideas appreciated!

With that said, I may just fall back to a reasonable number of counties to drive through (maybe like 16) and go for max QSO count.  As far as I can see from past WIQP results, the most SSB mobile QSO's is 535 by KF0Q in 2001.  My best is 476 back in 2011. Thinking maybe shooting for 600 QSO's might be more do-able than 20+ counties.  :-D

Dave
K9TY/moh-bile
Stoughton, WI