[WIQPmail] MOBILE Suffix

Jim GM jim.gmforum at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 11:00:31 CDT 2013

Hi every one!

I found it hard to figure out what stations were mobile.  Took a lot of
time away for hunting and pouncing. What made it easy were the stations
like my old friend W9DND would send W9DND/BAR.  This helped a lot.

Some stations just signed their call not even a /M

Other problem was my logging program.  Not sure if others had this issue
but /BAR or /M just was not acceptable with the program I was running.
 What helped was /1, /2, /3 .....  This way the computer program did not
see it as a DUP or call not recognized.

Any comments?

By the way I have an Apple computer and was running a program called
RumPed. Ran real fast.

--
Jim K9TF / WA9YSD