[WIQPmail] A request for clarification on digital modes in the Wisconsin QSO Party rules.

Mike Miller mike.kc9doa at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 24 00:15:10 CDT 2013

I would like to suggest that the rules regarding digit modes be
clarified in the published rules.  If digital modes are going to

be permitted in future QSO Partys, I would request that the
information be forwarded to N3FJP and other log programmers with

a request that the DIG mode be added to their logging programs.

Below is a quote from the 2013 rules as posted on the WIQP web
page. <http://www.warac.org/wqp/wiqp_rules.htm>

"SUGGESTED FREQUENCIES: 	All amateur bands and modes not
prohibited for contesting may be used. No Repeater QSO's.
CW: 	3.550, 7.050, 14.050, 15M, 10M, 6M, 2M and up.
Phone: 	3.890, 7.230, 14.290, 21.350, 28.400, 6M, 2M and up.
SCORING: 	Phone contacts count 1 QSO Point; CW contacts count 2
QSO points (digital scores as CW)."

Too me it seem reasonably clear that digital modes are
permitted, but not clear enough to get the DIG mode included
along with PH and CW in the log programs. The request must come
from the sponsors.

What do you think guys? Do you think digital modes should be
permitted? If they are permitted let's make them easy to log and

easier to check in the logs.

73
Mike kc9doa