[WIQPmail] A request for clarification on digital modes in the Wisconsin QSO Party rules.

Tom Macon tmacon at wi.rr.com
Tue Sep 24 18:39:05 CDT 2013

Mike, thanks for the post.  We're about to publish some proposed rule
changes and how WIQP handles Digital modes is an item we are thinking of
changing.  Feedback will help!

Yes, as Scott says, digital has been allowed for some years as CW.  The
question, then, is whether to continue doing it this way, or to accept  RY
(the official Cabrillo designator for digital) in the mode field.  (The few
2013 logs with 'RY' were converted to 'CW').  One advantage of allowing RY
would be to know how many digital Q's there really are.  It would also allow
CW and RY Q's with the same station, unless we explicity disallow it.

Please do not request WIQP-specific changes directly from logging program
developers.  The WIQP committee needs to publish any changes in the Rules,
then coordinate with the developers (all of them) to get necessary program
changes made.

 - Tom, K9BTQ
   WIQP team
   WARAC