[WIQPmail] A request for clarification on digital modes in the Wisconsin QSO Party rules.

Mike Miller mike.kc9doa at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 24 12:47:38 CDT 2013

Hi Scott,

I guess I must be the only one with a thick skull. Read
literally, as you point out, Digital would be identical to a CW
contact, where in my mind I've always seen that as the ARRL
Field Day interpretation with three modes with Dig and CW
counting as 2 points and 1 point for phone.

In past request for clarification Lynn and Tom haven't pointed
out the obvious, that the rules limit contacts to phone and (CW
or digital). Probably a poor stating of the question on my part.

Maybe restating the way Minnesota does would help any one else
with a thick skull. They say:

Modes:
Phone (SSB/FM both count as Phone)
CW (CW/RTTY/PSK all count as CW)