[WIQPmail] Spotting

Peg Haese KB9LIE kb9lie at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 3 09:19:02 CST 2016

And there are some people in contests (including QSO parties) that self-spot using a different call. Pretty obvious if you know the people involved.
 The W6RK county hunter website works great for spotting counties and is quite popular.
Everyone, remember that there are hams out there that need Wisconsin for basic or 5-bands WAS Worked All States awards or whatever. It isn't just for contesters and countyhunters.

73 de Peg KB9LIE in rare Lafayette County

Here's my two cents.  They are not necessarily recommendations.
In nearly every contest that I'm familiar with, self-spotting is against the rules.  DXpeditions, people on DX Holidays, County Hunters, or whatever, that's fine, just not in contests.

Chad WE9V