[WIQPmail] QSO party plan and activations

Doug Garman k7evi at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 16 13:08:39 CST 2016

Greetings to all in the colder lands!
>From an outsider - state wise:
What is helpful to me is to have an idea of which counties someone is considering to, planning to or actually activating (ie. Fixed) and mode and band for the QSO party. This would be helpful for local participants to finalize plans as well as for those of us who would love to fill in some counties AND STATES! Your expected power might help 'us', too. (As an extra for 'us', do 'you' QSL by LotW or eQSL?)

I live in Washington, Klickitat county, which has been a rare county of the 39, until this year. I have enjoyed being here and working Salmon Run. This year a "Big Gun" decided to operate here and my totals went way down. Also, if someone is planning on limited time, list the expected hours of operation. Mobiles who are only making stops for a few minutes per county usually seem to want to work the "Good Old Boy Network" so those might also be noted.

A form might be made up for ops to fill in and send to someone who has extra time to compile. Since this list seems to have a limited amount of traffic, it might even work to make the answer on the list (??).
AND this is a request also - please listen for "DX" states. I have called WI stations from here and my weak signal has gotten very little response. I do not remember how your mults work, for Salmon Run, other states are mults to WA stations, and that helps some.
Thanks and ENJOY. This is my hobby, not my religion! I am off grid, retired, and busy building my home, but would love to have more contacts in my log (N1MM+), anytime I can.Doug  K7EVI and club WA7KLI.