[WIQPmail] QSO Party and hours

Jon Platt w0zq at aol.com
Sat Mar 19 10:12:41 CDT 2016

As a mobile, and through the years, I've participated in the MN, SD, IA, WI, IL (briefly), and many times in the KS QSO Parties.  Part of the fun is that each QSO Party is unique, each with their quirks. The MN, IA, and WI events are one day events with the WI being the shortest in duration, but it has a relatively late start time so that its positioned to transit a broad range of propagation.   That's fun.  The KS and SD events are two day events and therefore represent a major time, energy, and cost investment.   They are fun too.

Regarding WI, yes, as a working guy it is a bit of an effort to convert my urban-mobile into the ZQ-mobile, drive over to WI, only to get back home around 9:00 to 9:30pm and have to decommission the ZQ-mobile back into the urban-mobile in order to get to work the next morning.  So I feel the pain of the late stop on a Sunday.  Because of that, an earlier stop, or keeping the same time slot and moving the party to Saturday, has some appeal to me.  But if that happened, what would I have to complain about?

Overall, its pretty good as is.

Hope to be back next year.

73, Jon
W0ZQ