[WIQPmail] WIQP and LOTW

Bruce Richardson w9fz at w9fz.com
Sat Mar 19 17:48:18 CDT 2016

Heh, heh.  In the MN and IA QSO Parties, I tend to only activate 8
counties in a weekend.

I am the only one I know crazy enough to do as much as I do getting my
mobile logs into LOTW.

First, one needs a child certificate for callsign/m . Go ahead and apply
for that with ARRL. Since it's a child certificate, it gets approved
automatically and issued within minutes.

One "could" apply for child certificates for each of the /XXX
activated.  Any beyond 8 takes human blessing/intervention on Monday
morning at ARRL.  I do this but it's not completely necessary.

The big key is to BUILD locations for each county.  I build them once
under my root call.  Then I build a 2nd set of locations under the child
/m callsign.  I'm not sure it's necessary to build the locations keyed
to a callsign.

But it IS necessary to use the different locations when signing the .adi
logs for different counties.  I actually sign my .adi's three times each
because I do have /XXX certificates as well.

Glad to discuss with anyone if you want more detail.

I also don't operate on the fly. So while I'm in a county, I'm also in a
non-changing GRID, and CQ and ITU zone.  I know grid, ITUzone, and
CQzone are not required. But I determine them for each of my locations.

73
Bruce Richardson W9FZ