[WIQPmail] (2) Former Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources 90-ft. fire lookout towers FOR SALE, complete with top mounted 'shack!'

Paul Bittner w0aih160 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 17:26:43 CDT 2017

Wow, the insurance they require.

About 40 years ago I took down 4  100 foot towers.  The one I liked least
was the one in the picture, climb inside.  We took the vertical "keepers
off" first, just left the plane ladder.

I paid  16,  51, 101 and 105 for them !  I still have lots of steel from
them.

First one took 5 l/2 days, the last one  one day!

I have all the bolts and diagram of the 3 "big ones"

No We had 5 or 6 guys helping, 4 of us were on 4 gin poles to let down the
verticals and "X" braces.

I have a slide show of our work taking them down.  I'll have to have
daughter Bethany convert the slides into CD's or DVD's

73

Happy Easter,

Paul  W0AiH