[WIQPmail] (2) Former Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources 90-ft. fire lookout towers FOR SALE, complete with top mounted 'shack!'

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Thu Apr 13 13:39:24 CDT 2017

If I were to have one of those towers, I'd need the rig(s) to be
controlled remotely, because, while I could climb 90', I wouldn't want
to do it on any regular basis.

But, a Columbus Ohio, ARES group used one such tower, which was still in
operation by the Ohio Forest Service, along a bicycle route.  They
mounted a 2 meter f, and was able to reach both ends of a 105 mile
bicycle route with beams pointed toward each end of the route.

72/73 de n8xx Hg
QRP >99.44% of the time