[WIQPmail] NE9U SOLP MOBILE wqp

NE9U - Jasper skjasper at att.net
Fri Mar 16 15:18:19 CDT 2018

Wisconsin QSO Party

Call: NE9U
Operator(s): NE9U
Station: NE9U

Class: SO Mobile LP
QTH: wi
Operating Time (hrs): 4

  160:
   80:    222       34
   40:     71        3
   20:     30        0
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
------------------------
Total:    323       36  Mults = 66  Total Score = 71,033

Club: Honey Badger Contesters

Comments:

after spending two weeks in PJ4 and a few other wrinkles when we got home, we
knew we weren't going to be able to have the time or ambition to assemble our
usual mobile station.  Plus KK9K wasn't able to spare the weekend.
But, but long time (27 years) partner N9BCA and I decided to go up nort and have
fun anyway.  We put together a jury rigged station that we only operated
stationary.
So 4 hours of operating...3 hours of driving between stops.  our jury rigged
setup worked ok on 80, but had trouble tuning on 40.  didn't appear to be much
happening on 20.

Fun time as usual.  We found our steaks Saturday night and had a nice breakfast
Sunday morning on our way to stop #1.

Hopefully see everyone in 2019 with a serious effort again.

Scott  NE9U
Art N9BCA

---
http://www.avg.co