[WIQPmail] Spotting in WIQP

Joe nss at mwt.net
Thu Mar 12 09:54:11 CDT 2020

I know it is probably too late for anything like this.

For the WIQP I think something like this will really be neat!

In the OK party they have this set up.

http://cwfun.org/funspots/pota/frames.html

This weekend will be pretty Busy!

I am planning on continuing my participation in the State QSO Party
Challenge.
Details for this can be found at....
http://stateqsoparty.com/

This weekend has Three QSO Parties happening.

Oklahoma, Idaho, and YAY! WISCONSIN!!

Times are.
*Oklahoma QSO Party: 1400Z, Mar 14 to 0100Z, Mar 15 and 1400Z-2100Z, Mar 15
http://k5cm.com/okqp.htm

Idaho QSO Party: 1900Z, Mar 14 to 1900Z, Mar 15
http://www.pocatelloarc.org/idahoqsoparty/

And of course,,,,,
Wisconsin QSO Party: 1800Z, Mar 15 to 0100Z, Mar 16
http://www.warac.org/wqp/wqp.htm

In the "OK" and "ID" I will be doing my Token make at least a dozen or
so contacts to qualify for the *
*State QSO Party Challenge.

But the Wisconsin one of course gonna try and go all out for ours! YAY!

I am gonna try something different this year. In years past I always
started out on 20 meters, thinking lets get those far off states etc.
while 20 is still open and before 20 closes.

Thing is I always spend too much time there making great QSO rates, and
not want to leave. BUT by the time I do leave, and go to 40 or 80, The
bands have already gone pretty long and getting all the counties is a
hard task now.

So My thinking is this year, I'm gonna start on 3860 + QRM and start on
80, and go for the counties first. If things get slow change to CW for a
while, and then maybe 40 meters.

The more distant states mult stuff will show up anyway later on 40 & 80
when the bands lengthen out true?

So Hope to see ya somewhere near 3860 or so at the start of the contest.

I'll be using W9ET again

Joe WB9SBD*