[WIQPmail] T- Five Days!

Joe nss at mwt.net
Wed Mar 10 08:19:50 CST 2021

Greetings Fellow WIQPers.

I invite you all to join in on some extra fun during the QSO Party.
Many do not know this even exists, but once they join in they get the
extra rush of adrenaline to try to push harder and do better in the
contest. What is it?

It is the Contest Online Scoreboard.  Think of it as a live constant
UP-To-The Minute (well 5 minutes) of how people are doing in the
contest. No waiting for months and months to see how you did compared to
your peers. You know how you and others are doing even DURING the
contest. People are starting to get setup to use it for the WIQP.
Many of us here at the Yellow Thunder club have already done it.

At times in the past I would get tired in a contest, and would take a
break. And of course loose time making contacts. But with the scoreboard
running, you get into little horse races, You see how you are only X
points behind station Z, so you push harder to try to overtake them.  Or
you see station y rising up in the board closing in on you so you push
harder to try to keep your lead.

It is a LOT of fun, and adds more excitement to the contest!

I invite all of you to join in on the fun.  Most of the major loggers
have the capability, a few mouse clicks turns on the reporting of your
score to the page automatically, so once turned on it's all automatic so
it doesn't take any time away from your operating!

Hope to work ya on the bands, and see ya on the scoreboard on Sunday!

W9ET (WB9SBD)