[WIQPmail] No FT8/FT4

Andre Robitaille wt9x at icloud.com
Thu Mar 11 10:23:45 CST 2021

That breaks a lot of logging software and DX spotting, and a handful of other things. Everything I come across expects prefixes and suffixes to be a separate callsign from your real callsign.

FT8/4 just aren't build for auto generating messages for contests. That seems to be the only genuine reason holding it back. The whole auto-contact stuff is mostly just gatekeeping, though it's true that I can just call CQ and auto-increment and walk away to do other stuff.

Andre
WT9X