[WIQPmail] No FT8/FT4

Jim Borowski jim.gmforum at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 11:34:28 CST 2021

That's not the way to look at this.Handle FT8 logs like Field Day format.For the time being,  using email, send in a registration form with totals..... along with a log attachment printout  just like the WIQP did before back in the day. Or just send it in via snail mail.Andrew is right how ever look at   https://qrznow.com/how-to-setup-ft8-on-wsjt-for-field-day/Isn't there a place you insert your name? Insert the 3 letter section?I understand when it's on your master log after the contest you will have to correct your master log, and load the correction into LOTW. You do what you gotta do. Just like back in te day making sure everything is in the right colums if not reject the log just like they do with other none ARRL contests. People eventually do the right thing and get it right.Jim K9TFSent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
-------- Original message --------From: Chuck Dellis <w9wlx at wi.rr.com> Date: 3/11/21  10:56 AM  (GMT-06:00) To: 'Wisconsin QSO Party Reflector' <wiqp-mail at warac.org> Cc: 'Andre Robitaille' <wt9x at icloud.com>, 'Jim Borowski' <jim.gmforum at gmail.com> Subject: RE: [WIQPmail] No FT8/FT4 Andre—nice summary!  These are the issues that we run into when trying to adapt FT8/FT4 QSOs to the WIQP.  I suspect that in the near future there may be some software changes where the modes may be easily integrated into more contests. Have a great time this weekend and hope to hear you on the air! 73, Chuck--W9WLXWIQP Committee From: WIQP-Mail <wiqp-mail-bounces at warac.org> On Behalf Of Andre Robitaille via WIQP-MailSent: Thursday, March 11, 2021 10:24 AMTo: Wisconsin QSO Party Reflector <wiqp-mail at warac.org>Cc: Andre Robitaille <wt9x at icloud.com>; Jim Borowski <jim.gmforum at gmail.com>Subject: Re: [WIQPmail] No FT8/FT4 That breaks a lot of logging software and DX spotting, and a handful of other things. Everything I come across expects prefixes and suffixes to be a separate callsign from your real callsign. FT8/4 just aren't build for auto generating messages for contests. That seems to be the only genuine reason holding it back. The whole auto-contact stuff is mostly just gatekeeping, though it's true that I can just call CQ and auto-increment and walk away to do other stuff. AndreWT9X On March 11, 2021 at 10:00 AM, Jim Borowski via WIQP-Mail <wiqp-mail at warac.org> wrote:LarryCouldn't you put in the call sign WA9YSD/MIL ?   Jim K9TF Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device _______________________________________________WIQP-Mail mailing listWIQP-Mail at warac.orghttp://mail.warac.org/mailman/listinfo/wiqp-mail_warac.org