[WIQPmail] N9SD mobile 2021 WIQP

Scott Dawley sdawley999 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 12:23:57 CDT 2021

On our first time mobiling for the WQP, my son in law, Dave, and I had such a blast yesterday. Dave isn’t a ham (yet) and did the driving while I operated. Not only did we see some parts of Wisconsin neither of us have been to, but conditions on the air were great.

Being our first time out, I would have been happy if we had gotten 400 or 500 contacts. My goal was just to avoid any major catastrophes. So to end up with 759 contacts and 64 mults was nothing short of totally surprising.

The last hour, when we crossed into JEF and were fresh meat on 80m, was wild. The pileup felt like it was 15 or 20 stations deep. Thanks for everyone’s patience as I tried to sort them out.

And thank you to everyone who listened to us poor, weak mobiles. The pileups were amazing and folks really new how to work them. It was great to be on the other end of the pileup.

Already thinking about improvements for next year!

Total Contacts by Band and Mode:

 Band       CW   Phone     Dig   Total       %
 ----       --   -----     ---   -----     ---
   80      231       0       0     231      30
   40      379       0       0     379      50
   20      148       1       0    149      20
            --   -----     ---   -----     ---
 Total     758       1       0     759     100

CW points:	758*2 = 1516
SSB Points:	1
Multipliers:	64
Power mult: 	1.5