[WIQPmail] WIQP at W9ET

Joe nss at mwt.net
Mon Mar 14 12:33:06 CDT 2022

Well anothers in the log.

Now is it just here or this year did 80 meters just suck!

I went out of my way to actually put up a 80 meter antenna so I can  get
counties, and doo better than past years because of not being able to
get on 80 meters.

40 meters and up is NOT good for an in state contest!

I kept checking 80, but geez there was like no activity till like the
last two hours of the contest.
And even then it was pitiful.

40 was the QSO band by far! But this made it be I worked more states
than counties!

RTTY.....  I was looking forward to do some RTTY this year, But I wonder
if everyone was doing the same thing I did?

Go to the RTTY area and find no RTTY stations so go back to do more of
what you were doing.

Maybe the old thing,,, if everyone is just listening and not
transmitting,,,, well you know!

Spotting:

We can legally do it for all now.
CW it's automatic. Everyone gets spotted.

Phone? Not so much.

I think for the whole contest I was spotted on phone maybe twice.
And WOW! did it make a difference!!!

If you take total QSO's divide by air time I averaged 52 Q's a hour

I had the typical many many times of short runs of a rate of over 100/hr.

But when those spots hit, WOW the rate meter exploded I had two runs
that exceeded 200/hr!!!!
Yes they were very short lived BUT Boy was that FUN!!!!

Now I wonder if you can make it an incentive to have people spot all
their S&P contacts?

Actually I know in N1MM+ you can make it automatic. any time you make a
S&P contact it automatically spots the station for you, you don't even
have to do anything.

To make it an incentive say maybe if you turn this on in your logger you
get an extra 100 bonus points or something?

Joe WB9SBD / W9ET