[WIQPmail] Want more WIQP Mobiles?

Jon Platt w0zq at aol.com
Fri May 13 16:14:51 CDT 2022

I agree with Dave's suggestion to allow self spotting for the reasons he stated.
Also, I think that when the MnQP changed its scoring to equal points per mode that it gained more SSB rovers ... I would support that as well.
And to throw out a third suggestion, the 500 point bonus for each county that a mobile operates from and makes at least 12 Q's puts us one-man mobiles at a disadvantage as stopping to operate prevents one-man mobiles from visiting more than say eight to ten counties and thus automatically we spot the two-man mobiles around 5,000+ points when they visit 20+ counties.  Or, while I hate more categories, have a one-man mobile category like say the KSQP and others do.
In summary, more mobiles may be attracted by allowing self spotting, changing all QSO points to 2 pts regardless of mode, and to eliminate the 500 points per county bonus so that any one-man mobile can be competitive with the two-man teams.
My two bits from this side on the non-voting river!   Hope to be back /m in WI this year.
73, JonW0ZQ