[WIQPmail] 2024 WI QSO Party Excel workbook

K0RC.MN k0rc.mn at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 22:00:21 CST 2024

Hello WI QSO participants. . .

You may be familiar with the Excel contesting tools I create. These help
with planning county coverage in the MN and FL QSO Parties. These can be
used by mobile and rover stations plan their routes and help boost
activity in the lesser represented counties. During the Party,
out-of-state operators use this tool to boost their chance of making a
"Sweep" of all counties.

Unfortunately I have been out of town and could not create a WIQP tool
until this evening. I have quickly reviewed the reflector postings of
planned routes for tomorrow. I will attach a copy of the Excel file to
this message. If the reflector does not support attachments, I will post
another message with a link for downloading.

When I reviewed the spreadsheet I found *13 counties* have not been
registered. They are: Crawford, Door, Florence, Forrest, Grant, Iowa, La
Crosse, Lafayette, Manitowoc, Marinette, Richland, Sauk, and Vernon.
Maybe fixed stations will activate these tomorrow and provide the
opportunity for a "Sweep" this year.

There are 19 counties that only one mobile operator will activate. The
spreadsheet will show you who that is, and when to expect them.
Likewise, 20 counties have two mobile operator activations so you at
least get a "second chance" if you miss the first opportunity to get
those counties in you log.

With the emphasis on QSO Parties this year, and with improving
propagation, 2024 could be a banner year for the WI QSO Party.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN