[WIQPmail] QSO Party and hours

Timothy Hale kc9fsh at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 08:55:57 CDT 2016

I think the timing of the WI QSO Party is perfect. Except for one or two
years I have always gone mobile for this contest and 7 hours of operating
plus the two hours it takes to get to our starting point is more than
enough drive time in one day. One of the things I like about this contest
is that you can almost always find someone on one of the bands calling CQ
and get a decent amount of contacts in a short period of time, if the time
of the contest is expanded I think it will spread out the participants
since everyone won't be on during the same time frame, this will make it
much more difficult for the mobile stations to get their required contacts
for each county that they operate in. Also by expanding it I think it may
lead some of us who are not county hunters or big contesters to not bother
operating.

It is also nice that I can participate in this contest and still get enough
sleep to go into work early Monday morning.

My opinion is, leave the timing as it is.

Tim
KC9FSH
K9TIT during the QSO Party